Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The face of darkness . Short story

  THE FACE OF DARKNESS


I never realised someone could have a face like hers . It  was very unusual and one you very rarely see.

She was not just  a fine and handsome woman ,  but her mobile peony mouth and large

 innocent eyes added great eloquence to colour and shape

Dark black hair cascaded around her face and if I'm honest I loved her at first sight.

Her nose wasn't in any way perfect but it suited her .Have you ever noticed that people with

 perfect noses  are kind of too perfect and thus uninteresting?



Her complexion was remarkably fair and brilliant, her head small, neck not long but

 perfect, chin well turned.

 She was certainly one of the most attractive women I ever  saw in my life.

 

She had dark dark eyes like coals and not that tall. Every time I saw her my heart soared

 even though I knew she was a liar. I liked her straight black hair that shined and her deep

 crackly  voice,maybe the voice most beautiful I have ever heard even though everyone else disliked  it.

 Her skin

 was healthy looking and very luminous.I knew that I would always love her and the only time I

 wouldn't would be when my voice was no longer capable of uttering her name . Can you love someone  who is a rat?

Yes I'm the example .The years passed she became a dipso .She lost the cuteness and

 frankly had the face of a boozer. Booze had ruined her face not totally but had taken out that

 special  thing she had had .

She sent me some photos from time to time asking "if Im still

 beautiful." I always said "I remember you as you were and that's the way I still see you".

 There was once sweet  terrible power in that smooth-skinned face of a full oval shape but

 now it had vanished .I put these thoughts together trying to remember ,maybe I can't 

anymore.

Do we love people because of their face ? Yeah maybe we do. Every time I saw her face I was transfixed.


QUESTIONS 

1.What are the conflicting views on her ?

2. Who is talking ?

3.What happened to her face?

4.Do you think the writer is still in love with her ?

5.How did time change her?

6. Age changes people and our conception of them but there are also outside factors . What are they in this story

7. Inside this woman is a rat so why is she still loved?

No comments: